Welcome To My Literary World

Sit back and enjoy the smooth rhythm of my flow. I am romantic storyteller who will soothe entertain and educate your mind. So visit me often, explore my thoughts, and drop me a note. Welcome to Literary Architecture a place where stories are designed, ideas are formulated, inspiration is given. There are no problems, only issues that are waiting for solutions. Solve them that is why God put you here.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Next Big Thing!!!


I am so excited!  I have been tagged along with five other outstanding authors to participant in The Next Big Thing!  Author Deatri King-Bey has challenged me answer ten questions about my work in progress.  Am I up for the challenge?  Of course I am!  Here we go!

What is the working title of your next book?

Designing the Music

Where did the idea come from?

It is my goal to highlight architects and interior designer in my books.  Too often in movies and books are these professions are portrayed incorrectly.  It makes me want to scream.   The characters are unrealistic and the terminology outdated. 

In my first book Perfectly Designed the heroine was an architect.  So in the sophomore book I wanted highlight an interior designer.  While listening to music and I thought about how cool it would be for a high powered music executive (a P-Diddy type) to fall for someone who didn’t want anything to do with him.  In my mind I thought of all of the crazy things and schemes he could come up with win her heart.  Out of that simple thought formed this amazing story. 

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

An evening out brings interior designer Royce Townsend face to face with superstar music producer Karmon Brown that causes her to drop all of her plans and redesign new ones with the sexy mogul.

What genre does it fall under?

Contemporary Romance

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I plan to self-publish.  I love the freedom I have to expand the boundaries. 

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Mehcad Brooks and Rochelle Aytes

How long did it take you to write the first draught of the manuscript?

Actually I am still working on the first draft.  I have set a two month deadline. 

What other books would you compare this story to within the same genre?

I am not really sure.  When I write I attempt to be original.  It is my goal to always be fresh.  I want my readers always be on their toes while reading my novels.  I am like a mystery writer the only deference is that there are no crimes to solve. 

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My desire to showcase an interior designer and my love for music are my inspiration for this “Designing the Music.”

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Fans of Perfectly Designed will be excited to know that the hero Kamron is the older brother of Katrina.  The feisty diva is a major part of this second installment in the series. 
Check back for the five authors who I will challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment