Welcome To My Literary World

Sit back and enjoy the smooth rhythm of my flow. I am romantic storyteller who will soothe entertain and educate your mind. So visit me often, explore my thoughts, and drop me a note. Welcome to Literary Architecture a place where stories are designed, ideas are formulated, inspiration is given. There are no problems, only issues that are waiting for solutions. Solve them that is why God put you here.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stop Putting God in a Box!


Stop!  Stop putting God in a box. 

Over the past week I have heard countless religious people give excuses as to why the Sandy Hook Tragedy occurred.  Several had stated that since there is no prayer in schools meaning God is not in schools that this tragedy was bound to happen.  Craziness!  Let’s get something straight … God is everywhere, all knowing, and all loving.  Please stop lowering God’s power to your minimum thinking.  We as humans can’t even comprehend God’s thoughts and greatness, yet we attempt to put him in a box.  Stop it!

For years the debate about prayer in schools has been forged mostly by the religious right. But what cracks me up is that they never demand for prayer to be in the work place, which we know needs it more than schools.   Allow me to add my two cents to this debate.  FYI … prayer is everywhere, it’s in schools, the workplace, and homes, everywhere an individual chooses to pray whether silently or aloud.  If you want to pray, pray.  No one is stopping you.  But what you cannot do is force everyone else to pray with you because everyone doesn’t believe exactly what you do.  We as Christians can often be insensitive to other’s beliefs.  Speaking for myself I believe that Jesus is the only way and that you must accept him but I attempt not to forget that everyone doesn’t believe that and I know I can’t force them to believe it.  What I can do however, is be an example and hope that through my actions someone may be touched and desire to know Christ.  Isn’t that the goal?  Isn’t that what we are supposed to do as Christians? 

Imagine if prayer was in public schools.  Who would lead the prayers?  What do you think would happen when an evangelical Christian child goes home and recites a Muslim or Jewish prayer - humming?  Or they began to debate with their parents about why we shouldn’t celebrate holidays because their Jehovah Witness teacher told them it was wrong?  I’m sure there would be uproar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment