Welcome To My Literary World

Sit back and enjoy the smooth rhythm of my flow. I am romantic storyteller who will soothe entertain and educate your mind. So visit me often, explore my thoughts, and drop me a note. Welcome to Literary Architecture a place where stories are designed, ideas are formulated, inspiration is given. There are no problems, only issues that are waiting for solutions. Solve them that is why God put you here.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On a Tuesday

 

It’s Tuesday, the best day of the week for an avid reader.   Hundreds of new books are released.  Fictions and non-fictions, mysteries and romances, all grace the shelves of thousands of book retailers around the world.  Readers swarm neighborhood and online establishments searching for the latest releases by their favorite authors and discovering new authors. 

There is an excitement that flows through a reader when a long awaiting sequel is released.  For months or maybe even years readers have waited patiently to continue the tainted love stories, unsolved mysteries and crazy dramas.   Sometimes the anticipation is so great they can hardly stand it. 

As a reader I love reading sequels.  I rush to the store to pick up anything from Brenda Jackson, Maureen Smith, Lutishia Lovely and countless others.     I am currently waiting for the anticipated sequel to Zane’s Afterburn and I might add it seems like I have been waiting forever.  As a writer, I enjoy creating new stories while continuing existing storylines.   It’s fun because the original story never has to end.  The book can focus on old characters or spotlight new ones with the old characters making cameos.  It’s like creating a miniseries instead of just a book. 

In my debut novel Perfectly Designed a young women loses her memory causing her to end up in a love triangle.  Nikki Phillips must decide whether to stay with the man she has always desired – Trey, despite having no memory of a romantic relationship with him or the man she remembers – DaJuan.  While working on this book one of my characters quickly became my favorite – Katrina, Nikki’s best friend.  Her sassy realness and in your face truths have made her a fan favorite.  Because of this I have decided to continue her story throughout several books.  So I hope on a Tuesday in the spring of 2013 readers will rush to book retailers and purchase Designing the Music my anticipated second novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment