Welcome To My Literary World

Sit back and enjoy the smooth rhythm of my flow. I am romantic storyteller who will soothe entertain and educate your mind. So visit me often, explore my thoughts, and drop me a note. Welcome to Literary Architecture a place where stories are designed, ideas are formulated, inspiration is given. There are no problems, only issues that are waiting for solutions. Solve them that is why God put you here.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why I Love Poetry






I often hear authors talk about how they had a passion for reading at an early age. I almost feel guilty because that is not my story. I almost am ashamed to admit that as a child I hated to read. I read when I had to except for when I read poetry. I loved poetry as a teenager. I can remember how I felt the first time I heard “Ego Tripping” by Nikki Giovanni and Nina Simone’s “Four Women”. The words captivated me and spoke ever so softly to my soul. Over the years I have memorized these awesome poems. And when I recite them, I tell you, it is with such deep emotion. A poem to me is like therapy. It can heal you, relieve you, and relax you. You can express mountains of information in a few verses or stances. Yes these are the reasons I love poetry because without it I would not have developed a passion for reading. Without it I wouldn’t be a writer, an author. I might not even be me.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ilDi2L8mw&feature=related]

No comments:

Post a Comment